My Mom had the most adorable tennis dresses when I was little. Sadly, it seems kind of tricky to find chic tennis clothes these days, doesn’t it? Well, the cute girls at L’Etoile Sport thought so too. So they rolled up their sleeves and created a high fashion, high function luxury tennis collection.
Inspired by glam 1920’s tennis star Suzanne Lenglen L’Etoile Sport is bringing chic back to tennis. Super feminine, the line is perfect for on and off the court.
We also love the companies philosophy: Play All Day!
Do you have a favorite appliance? Mine is the Vitamix! Some of you may be doubtful that a blender could be my favorite appliance – but the Vitamix is like a blender on steroids. It makes cooking easy and most importantly, it makes eating healthy - easy and fast.
Do you have picky eaters in your family? If yes, the Vitamix is your answer because it allows you to incorporate (i.e., sneak) healthy foods into nearly anything and you can’t taste it because the blending power on the Vitamix is so powerful.
Did I tell you that this appliances allows you to make ice cream as well as soup? Oh, and homemade nut butters! Everything in just minutes… minutes! Here are some of the things I have made in our Vitamix:
- Smoothies: Fruit smoothies and green smoothies. When my kids haven’t had a veggie in a while, I add some carrots or spinach to the smoothie and they have no idea!
- Juice: For non-peelable fruit (i.e., apples), you can through in the fruit with the skin on! So easy!
- Soup: Hot soup from raw ingredients in a just a few minutes. Great for when you are short on time and/or don’t want to make a huge batch of soup.
- Dressings, sauces and marinades: Alot of pre-packaged dressings and sauces contain sugars and syrups. This way you can control what ingredients go into your sauce and no preservatives.
- Dips and Hummus: Convenient for parties or just everyday snacking.
- Nut Butters: Almond and Peanuts is my favorite combination.
- Ice Cream and fresh fruit sorbet: Try making the ice cream with almond milk or another milk substitute. Also you can add carrots or spinach and no one will know!
- I haven’t made them yet, but you can make your own Flours and Baby Food, too.
The plastic container is BCP free and does not retain flavors, so you can go from chopping up garlic to making ice cream. And, if you weren’t already sold, it just looks good on the counter!
We all know that a very important component of working out is the proper ensemble, right? Here are some of our favorites from Lululemon.
This Inspire Crop II pant had just arrived in the store on my last visit. I loved them so much that I went back the next day for second pair.
I also love the In The Sun Crop. They are super fab for super hot days. The panels of mesh along the side pulls the sweat away and gives the legs a chance to breath. Plus, I love that there are two small pockets on the side for tunes and ID.
Love the double back criss-cross of the Optimal Tank. Gives great support, allow your blades to breath and looks really pretty too.
The Power Y Tank is a great, basic tank for yoga, running or sports. Thin straps, built in bra with wicking and removable cups for coverage.
Have a great workout!
You may know ALMONDS are one of the top 10 SUPER FOODS, but did you know they also make a healthy, diet-friendly alternative to cow’s milk and soy milk?
Almond Milk is a great alternative to cow’s milk for those who are lactose intolerant and for those who are advised to be cautious of too much soy (in particular, females who may be prone to or have had breast cancer). It is also a very diet-friendly choice… lower in calories than skim milk. All that AND it is high in disease-fighting antioxidant vitamins A & E and boasts an impressive dose (1 cup= 300 mg) of bone-building calcium.
My favorite pick for morning coffee, cereal and smoothies is Blue Diamond Almond Breeze brand “Almond Milk Coconut Milk Blend.” It tastes rich and creamy but is still only 60 calories per cup and contains no cholesterol.
Almonds also make a delicious substitute for peanut butter. Trader Joe’s makes the best, crunchy & slightly salty almond butter with flax seeds….high in Omega 3’s!
Below is a recipe that is both healthy and fun to make with the kids as an alternative to a milkshake on these hot summer afternoons…. Enjoy!
(recipe and image from here)
Pear, Oat, Cinnamon and Ginger Shake
- 2 1/2 medium to large pears, such as red Anjou, peeled, seeded, and chopped (2 2/3 cups)
- 1 3/4 cups skim milk (SUBSTITUTE with Almond Milk)
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2/3 cup rolled or quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (TRY TRADER JOE’S Almond Butter with Flax Seeds…so amazing!)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- Coarse salt
- Freeze pears in a single layer on a baking sheet overnight.
- Combine pears, milk, buttermilk, oats, ice, maple syrup, almond butter, ginger, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt in a blender. Blend on low speed, then gradually increase speed to high. Blend until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into chilled glasses, and garnish with ground cinnamon. Serve immediately.
We found a new way to workout that is SO MUCH FUN!
RealFit Gym is a new local business started by an adorable mother-daughter team who really know their stuff. Check out their credentials and how they describe their philosophy here but my two cents is that it is SO MUCH FUN!
The gym, which really feels more like a studio, is intimate, uber clean and will make you feel stronger the minute you walk in. The women who own RealFit Gym are darling and total butt kickers. After a quick 45 minute class you will feel like you can do anything. Really.
Using kettlebells, sandbags, ropes, medicine balls and other fun equipment the class is like boot camp…but only fun and with really great tunes.
RealFit Gym offers a Personalized Training Program for all members so you can workout whenever you want to with your very own customized plan. As they say, one size does not fit all so everyone gets their own super specific program for customized results. PLUS, they also offer a Healthy Eating Program. There is serious support here, gals.
There is something so awesome about moving fast to great tunes and kicking serious booty during a serious workout. Yoga this is not. Relaxing, no way. Realfit Gym is a crazy, high energy, super fun, heart rate increasing, butt kicking workout.
Thank you, RealFit for offering MarketSquareMusings.com readers a complimentary 30-day membership! Please print out the voucher below and race in to start your 30 day Membership today. See you there!
Go butt kickers! Go!
Ooooh! How I love these rugs from The Rug Company! Not totally sure where they would end up but I think they are kind’a funny and every room should have something funny in it, right? I’m especially fond of the owl and the fish but think the snake would be pretty awesome in a boy’s room. Might be fun to walk into someone’s house and see a giant owl staring you down, wouldn’t it?
The Good Home Co. has tons of cute gift ideas. We particularly love these three. Wouldn’t it be fun to give a hostess a collection of quirky scented products like laundry detergent, vacuum beads and clothes pins. Super cute to show up for the weekend with these in a pretty basket, wrapped in cellophane and tied with a big bow.
Salmon Cove was founded on the belief that even if you like to live life against the current, you can always go home again. With roots in the midwest, Owen and Charlie started their Chicago business to create perfect shirts that could be worn for any occasion, whether it be at the office or on the golf course. We think that they have succeeded in their mission and adore the embroidered orange Salmon that adorns the shirts.
Lucky for us, Salmon Cove, has generously agreed to offer friends of MarketSquareMusings a 20% discount on all purchases with the online code MUSINGS through the end of July. Thank you, Salmon Cove!